Of man and wife.









Reality ensured me a life.
A life ensured me a fate.
A fate so twisted, God said,
"Better is the devil's embrace."

'What can a mortal do?'
An engraved question,
A divine wonderment;
on everyone's face.


Slowly did I take the step,
Of whispering for help.
A sound nearly silent.
Yet I hoped for a saving grace.

'Give up so easy?' said she,
with a twinkle in her eye.
'Ask for help is all I did'
Said I, with a defiant stare.

'Call it anything you may,
doesn't change the fact.
You are beyond hope and 
hence the meek cry for help.'

Anger swelled within me
amidst the chuckle of slaves
'You know better I see,
so why are you here anyway?'

That twinkle didn't fade for a second

'Oh! How I wish I knew it all.'
said she, with a smirk.
'I know that we're forsaken.
And all we have is ourselves.'

My turn to laugh, thought I.

'Oh! I was blinded by ego,
that I forgot to look around.
Your observation so astute,
I find it hard not to belch.'

The onlookers gazed in disbelief.
The world coming to an end;
and here were two people,
who couldn't care much less.

The thought vexed them,
and then they let go;
Of the question, that trapped them.
And they began to guffaw out loud.

I and She gazed eye to eye.
Loathing, contempt and
disdain: we filled it up.
While they laughed at heaven above.

Soon to notice, the numbers :
Infinite in count, dwindled to a few.
They seemed to apparate,
with a smile on their face.

Reality had struck with wisdom.
The question didn't seem to matter.
The merriment was God's own will.
and he had his children taken away.

I and she were left standing,
In a cage all alone.
Where she remarked sulleny
'Look what we did now!'

A silent patch came through.
Realizing the true nature of fate.
We were alone while others:
skidded away to a better place.

Oh! What a fate,
did we come to share.
A caged prison for us.
While others vanished away.

A laugh emanated from within.
Each of us, tricked by fate.
Laugh we did for an eternity.
Yet nobody seemed to care.

Silver linings pierced our sight.
The Devil and God together,
within us; spoke out.
Of what happened in there.

'You seem blemished to be alone.
Yet you don't realize that,
you're each others company.
and you seek something that exists not.'

'This is your Earth. Your hell.
Your heaven. Your abode.
It is what you make of it.
It is everything your mind says.'

The silver faded.
She and I; we rubbed our eyes.
Disbelief and shock,
To find us in a mansion
and not in a gilded cage.

Time passed by,
The true company;
of which God spoke of,
seemed to wither away.

She passed onto,
her father's loving embrace.
While I was left alone,
in my mansion so great.

"Better is the devil's embrace."
The words echoed to me.
As I started my life again.
A husband of none.

I thought out aloud.
"Life seemed so much better;
in our gilded cage."



Comments

daksh said…
sale:-) loved it:-) superbly written:-)
GomZ said…
Thanks bey :)
Upasana said…
Nice one!! :)
You are too good at this man!! :O :)

Popular Posts